Many people are representing themselves in their family matters in court, in mediation and in traditional negotiations. Hiring a lawyer can be cost-prohibitive. We understand.
Lawyers and self-represented people alike can find the family court system challenging well before we even walk into a court room. When we as lawyers need to navigate the court filing system, draft financial statements, organize our clients’ disclosure, etc. we look to our law clerks to get the job done. They are the experts when it comes to drafting documents, filing material in court, keeping up to date on each court’s specific requirements for scheduling appearances and preparing disclosure briefs and other material for all matters including mediation and negotiation.
Given that so many people are working through their legal family matters without lawyers we thought it would be helpful to offer our law clerk service to those who would benefit from this type of work without having to retain a lawyer.
Who can hire our virtual law clerks for assistance?
- People representing themselves in their family litigation, mediation or negotiations
- Lawyers who need help preparing and filing documents (subject to a conflict search)
- Mediators who need help preparing financial statements, drafting, etc.
What kind of assistance can a virtual law clerk provide?
- Preparing and organizing documents for court appearances
- Scheduling court appearances
- Filing documents in court
- Preparing financial disclosure including financial statements, Net Family Property Statements and disclosure briefs
- Applications for uncontested divorces where all issues are resolved
- Preparing documents for applications for step-parent or relative adoptions
A virtual law clerk is not a lawyer and will not provide any legal advice.
You may choose to hire our law clerks on an hourly basis or on a flat rate fee-for-services basis. If you think we can help you organize your family matter please don’t hesitate to call or email us for more information. You can reach our law clerk, Susan Dryden, at email@example.com.